Hi! I’m Aimee Agee
A brand new voyage, for an experienced passenger
I’m a life-long web & mobile professional. In fact, I started on this journey right as the internet came into being. Throughout my career, I’ve consulted with and managed large-scale teams and projects for top global digtial agencies and big brands, across all sorts of industries and verticals, working with them to build their content practices and create engaging content for their consumers.
Recently, I made a lateral career move from content strategy to UX design and development. My transition to UX design wasn’t that hard, considering my strategies have been informing designers for decades. And this year, I finally developed the skill set to actually take my strategies from soup-to-nuts. This change has allowed me to do what I love most — help small businesses succeed.
I’ve owned and operated my consulting business for over a decade, but because I’ve been doing most of my work as a freelancer for other agencies, I hadn’t developed my own business in years. Nor had I been able to work on my own content or articles, because I’d been too busy doing it for everyone else. That’s changing as of January 2020, and with that change, comes a brand new me, including new skills, a new site, a new logo, and a new attitude. *Sings the Pointer Sisters*
In my spare time, which admittedly is much sparer these days, I’m mom to a precocious 8-year-old boy and a fuzzy, semi-derranged rescue dog. I also have a fiction writing side hustle under a secret pen name and have published four books. I’m a cub scout den leader, a basketball coach of an undefeated team *knocks on wood, and an advocate for women-owned small business and non-profits.
Twist’s New Mission
I based Twist Idea Lab’s new logo off of the Japanese concept of Ikigai, which theorizes that to be happiest in life, we should do what we’re good at, what we love, what the world needs, and what we can be paid for. That’s my goal.
This vision makes me picky about who I work with and the kinds of projects I take on. But when I do take one on, you better believe I’ll put my all into it. I will do everything to help you achieve success, as long as it’s both rewarding, good for the world, and I can make a comfortable living.
Read about my path to enlightenment in the new Twist blog, UX Fix, coming soon.
People are the be-all end-all to a successful business. Customers, employees, and leaders should be respected equally.
If you want good karma, work for people who are changing the world and give everyone the respect they deserve.
Great digital experiences are built by people for people.
For a great digital experience, there is not one aspect that should trump another. Technology, search, branding, design, content, marketing, customer service, your employees, your customers, and your product should be valued equally and holistically.
Small teams get more done.
Great Ideas aren't created in meetings or traffic.
Regular digital detoxes should be part of any mental health maintenance plan. Therefore you won't see much of Twist Idea Lab on social, because I'm on it all day for others.
Don’t mind me whilst I gobble up all this cheap knowledge
This past year, after a couple of bad projects, one life or death situation, and some serious soul-searching, I ramped up areas of my education where I felt I needed it most. As a result, I spent a lot of time in front of the computer, and my butt has gotten huge. It’s a shame they didn’t have online education when I acquired all of that student loan debt. Which is thankfully paid off…after twenty years. BTW, I’m a huge proponent of learning portals such as Udemy, Lynda, etc. In the digital space one must stay informed, and by golly, if I’m not informed now, well, I’ll get there soon. Here’s are the courses I took and became certified in 2019/20, along with my university credentials. This doesn’t begin to cover all the knowledge I’ve gobbled up before this year.
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Advertising, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Marketing MBA, University of Denver
- Completed coding and UX blueprint from Skillcrush
- Growth Hacking
- Complete public speaking masterclass
- Adobe Illustrator Essentials and Advanced training
- Adobe Photoshop Essentials and Advanced Training
- UI/UX Design with Adobe XD
- Adobe After-Effects essentials
- Advanced CSS and Sass, Flexbox, Grid, Animations
- Advanced Social Media Marketing
- Google’s responsive web development
- Bootstrap from scratch
- The Ultimate Google AdWords Course
- User Experience Design Essentials with Adobe XD
- Google Analytics Advanced Certification
Even More Education
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 masterclass
- Complete Python bootcamp
- Salesforce admin Certification
- UX UI Design Rules Workshop from Joe Natoli
- Facebook Ads Master 2020
- Gamification, Motivation and Psychology
- Adobe Graphic Design Master Class
- Hashtag essentials & Instagram Marketing
- Information Architecture Fundamentals from Joe Natoli
- IOS & Swift the complete app development course
- UI and Web Design with Adobe Illustrator
- The Complete Data Science Course
- Web Developer Bootcamp
- User Experience Design Fundamentals with Joe Natoli
Even More Education
- Machine learning A-Z
- PHP for beginners
- Adobe responsive web essentials
- SEO 202, complete training for wordpress
- The Business Intelligence Course 2020
- The complete 2020 web development bootcamp from App Brewery
- The complete cyber Security course
- The complete Communication Skills Masterclass
- Margie Lawson’s Writer’s retreat
- The ultimate UX guide to Usability
- UX & Web Design Master Class from Joe Natoli
- UX Strategy Fundamentals
- YouTube MasterClass
- WordPress WooCommerce
Logical Skills Creative Skills
- Usability & Accessability 100% 100%
- Data Analysis 50% 50%
- SEO 80% 80%
- SEM & PPC 50% 50%
- Internet Architecture 75% 75%
- Heuristics 75% 75%
- User Research 75% 75%
- Competitive Analysis 65% 65%
- CSS 50% 50%
- HTML 70% 70%
- Wordpress Theme Customization 75% 75%
- Business Analysis 80% 80%
- Content Strategy 100% 100%
- Content Marketing 100% 100%
- Content Development 100% 100%
- Photoshop 80% 80%
- Illustrator 75% 75%
- Adobe XD 75% 75%
- Visual Design 50% 50%
- Mobile Design 50% 50%
- Branding 90% 90%
- Wireframing 70% 70%
- Journey Mapping 70% 70%
- Persona Development 100% 100%